Hi. I’m Minky.
Minky, The Mock Coach is the title. That’s right. I play a “fake” coach on my talk and game show. Minky is a “personna” or character that is me; but it’s more my alter ego. (some of you may want to create a “personna” too in your work. Authenticity is grand, but sometimes especially early on, we may want to expose just a part of our inner self by being a “character”. This can be fun too.)
Being a “fake” coach I have a no-holds-barred approach to helping new coaches find their Fun Story Short, to be yourself and inspire folks. I also help folks lose 30 lbs. or less. If you are just interested in creating your Fun Story Short and not trimming down your thighs nor losing some weight; that’s fine, just ignore my exercise/diet rules. I personally think you need to do both, but I understand if you feel differently than I do about my eating rituals and types of food. (very personal, I know)
Here are some of my values and strategies below. I value laughing and listening the most. I have created both your Fun Story Short strategies/rules combined with the weight loss strategies/rules, just to show you some of my examples. (They do NOT represent any type of order)
They may, however, represent what you shouldn’t do as a professional coach. Like for example:
- I won’t ask you for permission to do something.
- I will tell you what to do (You will not have to “figure it out” as I guide you)
- I demand my clients have certain things (like create a “private Idaho” and contrarian opinion. You have one and I’ll find it! You can’t possibly agree with everything, can you? Are you trying to be liked by everyone? When people know where you stand, they respect you more, even if they don’t agree with you. STOP folding like a cheap lawn chair that your Uncle Jimmy flopped in at 4th of July barbecue.)
- You need to feel a certain way (like feeling a little edgy or risky or sassy, no whining, and get this – we don’t knock arrogance, we actually encourage some of this, etc.) before we agree to work together.
But remember, I am not a professional coach. I am a Mock coach. The Mock Coach and I do things my way.
Like I heard from Adam Urbanski years ago, build your own playground with your own rules. If people don’t follow your rules of play, they simply can’t play in your playground. (A sandbox has been used in this analogy before; but I think that is thinking too small).
- Must have a sense of humor to start (something for me to work with) I realize that not everything is a joke or funny, but if you approach me with that attitude or statement, we are not going to be compatible. And we’ll both move on.
- Must be willing to not eat so fucking much.
We practice CCRAN (Calorie Cycling Restriction Adequate Nutrition)
- Don’t tell everything you know to people who don’t care
- Don’t tell everything you know to people who do care. Just don’t tell everything you know.
- Balance is bunk. (I’ll expand a little with this one since it is so popular) The body has homeostasis (It’s striving for this all the time). Yet, we have shit to do. Nothing happens in the middle when you want to make a change in your world. Your energy goes where your focus does. You can’t FOCUS on more than one thing. Isn’t that the very definition of “focus”? To me to be “balanced” is to be scattered-brain… no focus… everything is in balance and gets your same attention and energy. No thanks. Many things were discovered by the “staying in the basement” scientist and the wife/husband and family upstairs doing their own thing, right? They were never balanced were they. Was Mark Zuckenberg’s life balanced those early years of writing code for Facebook? No. Of course not. So, I teach counter-balance.
- There are no healthy people; just people healthier than you
- Have a contrarian opinion… without apology
- Don’t Exercise to Lose Weight; exercise for any other reason but this one.
- My exercise, a no bulk routine. Especially for mature women with joint issues from years of working on your feet and taking care of kids, grand kids and things at a few homes. (ie: I’m taking care of my home and my elderly father’s home) Now your body is talking to you.
- Like face to face contact… at some point
- Start Out How You Want To End Up
If you can agree and even get excited about those opinions above, we are going to have a great time not coaching (by standard coaching principles). Here’s what the desired outcome is for you…
- You get a your very own – Fun Story Short – to share and entertain others with. I’m a story listener and I want to hear your story… BUT I won’t let you go on and on. I have a time limit and I set it for you during your story telling session. Usually at day one. ALSO, since I specialize in getting something funny out of your story, from listening intently to it, I’m sure I’ll hear something that you wouldn’t hear. It’s something that you didn’t see in a certain way before. I help you pull that out and make that a conversational piece instead of your accolades. (It does not have to be hilarious funny, just amusing may work)
- Thinner thighs (No squats, No lunges, No plyometrics/crossshit, no burpees, nothing with “Russian” in it)
- Escape from being a slave to food and eating all the time
- You won’t tell everything you know. Don’t be an open book!!!
- How to eat what you want without guilt or gain. Really. I do it every day. Other people do it every day too. People just like you… but thinner and not obsessed with food.
- Make real connections (not just likes and followers)
- A group may be formed to increase connection with like- minded, interesting individuals
- Attend upcoming retreat
- Improve listening skills through listening to other people’s story and/or conversation
- How to get comfortable with not talking. Not being so reactionary. This will actually get you people’s attention more than talking. Trust me. It’ll be in a quiet, noble way. (Warning: if you were/are the big mouth, and you tell everything you know, you might have to take it in stages with this one. No talk, not so much)
- Stress reduction
- How to become more interesting (Tip here… become more interested)
Well, that’s all for now. I will be more specific in upcoming posts. Thank you for reading. My mock coaching tab above has some complimentary gifts, if you want. They have been updated.